Skip to main content

January 9, 2020 Brief Update

Good morning!

My Facebook post from late 1/8/20:
Brief Austin Update: He had a good day from about noon on! He was more alert (even playing peek-a-boo with his gown and clapping). His respiratory rate although still high at times has started to decrease a bit. The respiratory therapist decreased his settings slightly on his BYPAP machine and his oxygen flow from 60% to 40% and he maintained O2 sats in the mid 90’s! We didn’t see any doctors this afternoon which when your in the PICU that’s a good sign!
Max and I are home tonight! I’m going to work tomorrow so I will update as soon as I get to the hospital in the afternoon.
Thank you so much for all your prayers!
Goodnight!

Brian's update from rounds this morning 1/9/20:
Good morning, Dr was just in. Trending the right direction. Chances of intubation dwindling. Chest x-ray still shows significant pneumonia but he said he sounds better and can tell some of the stuff is starting to break up in his chest. Likely could get moved back to intermediate PICU in next 24 hours or so and would probably be there through the weekend. And then maybe out of here middle of next week. Going to start his feeds back up very slowly and increase as tolerated.

I will update again after I see him this afternoon!
Tara

Comments