Skip to main content

I'm 4 months old!





Hello friends!  My mom seems to be awful busy these days and slacking with the updates, so I thought I would take it upon myself to do something about it!  I know you guys are my biggest fans and prayer warriors so it's important to let you know how I'm doing!  Long story short...I'm doing great!  I'm growing which is exactly what the doctors want!  I'm now 5.425kg (yeah, yeah, I know your wondering what that is in pounds and ounces).  It converts to roughly 11 pounds and 15 ounces.  I couldn't be exactly 12 pounds because my mom (being the math teacher and all) likes the nice even numbers!  I've also grown about 3.5 inches and am now 23.5 inches long! And...drum roll please!  I slept in my crib in my room for the first time last night! I'm not sure what the big deal is, but mommy and daddy seem to think it is!

I guess we will get to the medical stuff...boring!  I'm up to 13ml/hr through my feeding tube.  I got stuck at 12ml/hr for a little over a week so we had to slow down the increases a little bit.  I never had to go backwards though, so I think that's pretty good news!  I still only get five 5ml bottles a day.  It's not much but it's better than nothing!  I really like my bottles!  My mom worked really hard and got my prilosec with bubble gum flavoring!  I look forward to that every morning and every night!  Otherwise, things have been pretty quiet.  I'm pretty active with my hands these days so I've tugged on my IV line a few times and had to have some extra dressing changes.  Opps!

Oh...my workouts! Can't a little 4 month old get some rest!  My physical therapist comes once a week and lets my nurses know how I'm doing.  She's very nice, but she really makes me sleepy!  She says I'm doing very very well and that I'm a very hard worker!  I'm staying pretty close to my developmental milestones!  I'm grabbing at things, bringing my feet up and sucking on my thumb.  That's a nice feature when my bink isn't within arms reach!  Oh yeah, back to my nurses.  They're great!  I'm very blessed to have such nice people taking care of me.  They hold me and cuddle and make sure I'm comfortable all the time!

Many of you ask about my big brother Max!  He's doing good too!  He goes to daycare everyday so I miss him.  I think he's actually doing better since Mom went back to work because he has a better routine now.  He likes to shoot hoops, color, do puzzles and play with his tracks (Go! Go! Smart cars)!  He sometimes help me when I loose my pacifier!

Last thing and then we will get on with our Christmas celebrations!  THANK YOU so much for all the loveys and blankets!  I'm very blessed to have such caring people in my life!  I'm also very excited to help Mom and Dad drop them off  next week to all the babies and kids who are at Children's!  It's sure to bring a lot of smiles to the faces of my friends who are there right now!  I'll give you some final numbers next week!  If you would still like to donate, my appointment is on Thursday so you still have a few more days!

For my entire family, we wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Hugs and kisses!
Austin
(and of course my mom, my dad and Max)

Comments